During my professional life which lasts almost 40 years, I have witnessed many success stories when professionals have built and developed excellent careers and enjoyed positive and supportive attitude of customers, colleagues, and management.
Unfortunately, I have also seen situations when talented professionals struggled to move forward with their careers, felt pushed aside, unappreciated, and dissatisfied with everything around. Some of them have been moving around from one employer to another trying to find the best place to work and nobody ever asked them to stay. Others stayed in the same organization for 30+ years, incapable to take actions to improve their professional life, working alone, doing excellent technical work but not enjoying it.
And in most cases, the reason for such unfortunate situation was lack of basic soft skills: communication, teamwork, time management, and attitude.
Let’s explore the importance of soft skills in the modern workplace and find ways how to improve soft skills using tools which are available to everyone – online courses.
What soft skills are required in the modern workplace?
Obviously, employers are looking for new hires who have required skills and experience for each specific job. But there are also the certain set of soft skills which employers also look for when hiring new employees. These skills are very important for organizational performance, market image, and organizational culture.
Actually, some employers care more about soft skills because subject matter knowledge can be enhanced and upgraded if a person has the positive attitude, can work efficiently in the changing environment, and main effective professional communication with colleagues, customers, and management.
Employees with good soft skills contribute to organizational advancement, create innovative and supportive professional environment, support team spirit and individual responsibility for the organizational success.
If you are having excellent professional skills in the specific area, but your soft skills are poor, you are depriving yourself a successful career development.
What soft skills are required in the workplace?
When employers are conducting interviews with possible candidates, they are usually trying to find out if a person:
- is a good communicator;
- can handle disagreements;
- work with others effectively;
- has positive attitude;
- strong work ethics.
Good soft skills make a person pleasant to work with and any team is welcoming such employee.
When hiring new staff members, employers will give preference to candidates who meet soft skills requirements.
If you feel that you need some training to boost your soft skills, don’t delay – look for the courses and in few weeks, you will be able to compete successfully in the job market.
I’d like to discuss the group of courses called Soft Skills Suite which addresses the soft skills development.
Soft Skills Suite: purpose and benefits
This set of courses is designed for those who are planning to start their professional career with the focus on communication style in the professional environment, collaboration, conflict resolution, and decision-making.
Additionally, such topics as goal setting, time management, and personal organization will help you to get ready for the efficient personal performance at the workplace.
Soft Skills Suite consists of 4 courses:
- Achieving Success with Difficult People;
- Interpersonal Communication;
- Skills for Making Great Decisions;
- Individual Excellence.
All four courses are foundation level courses, and don’t require previous learning experience.
- Total duration: 96 course hours.
- Mode of learning: Instructor-led
- Price for all 4 courses: $519
Don’t miss the opportunity to enhance your skills, click the link below and join the courses offered in Soft Skills Suite.
You can also join any course of the listed above courses individually – please see the details of each course below.
Course 1. Achieving Success with Difficult People
Purpose of the course
In this course, students learn how to create and manage relationships with difficult bosses, colleagues, or family members. This course provides helpful information for understanding your personality, approaches used for solving people’s problems, and improving your relationships. Students discover how successful relationship affect personal and professional productivity, how good communication and listening skills can improve the professional and personal environment.
This course helps to:
- Improve relationships with family, friends, and colleagues;
- Achieve required results when dealing with people;
- Become an expert in communication and listening;
- Understand the motivations behind people’s actions and behaviors.
Course participants have highlighted some important advantages of the course:
- Excellent course material: informative and helpful;
- Course is helpful in daily life encounter;
- The content is especially beneficial in the corporate culture;
- It could be recommended to everyone;
- Course provides some insight on looking at other people when there is conflict situation;
- Useful links to other websites and articles.
Click the link to join the course Achieving Success with Difficult People.
Course 2. Interpersonal Communication
Purpose of the course
Students learn how to use effectively communication strategies and behaviors. Students explore the concepts of verbal and nonverbal expression including personal style, listening, relationship dynamics, self-esteem, conflict management, and cultural and gender communication differences. In this course, students analyze examples, graphics, and theoretical models which can help clarify communication topics.
This course provides:
- Effectively communication skills in family, personal, and professional environment;
- Career enhancement opportunities because of better communication with people around;
- Skills to develop deeper, more meaningful relationships.
Course participants have highlighted the following aspects:
- This course was organized and presented in a very efficient manner;
- The writing style of the lessons was great;
- Instructor maintained the conversational style when presenting new material;
- The topics covered are very interesting and helpful;
- Noticeable changes in the students’ ability to communicate well to others and understand and know when and when not to speak or simply wait for the right moment.
- The course is recommended to everyone.
Click the link to join the course Interpersonal Communication.
Course 3. Skills for Making Great Decisions
Purpose of the course
In this course, students learn how to make excellent decisions. Students also explore why instincts and intuition sometimes deceive us and how self-knowledge can help us guard against becoming overly confident. Students learn how to deal effectively with crisis, how to use emotions during decision-making, and how to work with others to make good decisions. The utmost goal of this course is to give students the power to live the best life they can and make the very most of every opportunity.
On completion of this course, students can:
- Make correct decisions;
- Follow the steps necessary to achieve personal and professional goals;
- Become more confident in their ability to make important decisions.
Course participants have mentioned the following in their feedback:
- The course is very interesting and helpful;
- It is recommended to anyone;
- Great course material;
- Practical nature of the course;
- Useful for planning a new business venture;
- Course content provides life-changing experiences.
Click the link to join the course Skills for Making Great Decisions.
Course 4. Individual Excellence
Purpose of the course
This course covers twelve one-day seminar topics, including goal setting, time management, and personal organization. Students learn how to improve creative abilities, gain confidence, and how to minimize conflicts.
Students develop a fulfilling career plan and apply skills learn to improve relationships with co-workers, friends, and family.
On completion of this course students:
- Develop a relevant career plan;
- Learn how to improve relationships with people around;
- Become better and more confident communicators;
- Increase personal productivity and accomplish some objectives.
Course participants provided their feedback on the course:
- The course covers a lot of topics quickly;
- The content and supplementary materials are excellent;
- One course with so many useful subjects extremely helpful for career change, and also for current employment advancement and management;
- Most of the concepts can also be applied to daily life encounters such as time and stress management;
- The lessons are easy to follow, and the quizzes and tests aren’t confusing.
Click the link to join the course Individual Excellence.
The courses listed above provide you with excellent knowledge and useful skills which are considered as the most valuable employability skills in the modern workplace. Don’t delay your decision, make use of opportunities provided by online education and training.