Oculus Rift + Touch Virtual Reality System
Price: $349.00 – the best offer from Amazon
- Software and features are constantly evolving to bring customers the best VR experience;
- Rift uses technological innovations (like Asynchronous Space Warp) to deliver unparalleled graphical fidelity;
- Rift allows 6 degrees of freedom to support full room scale experiences.
- INTELLIGENT DESIGN
Light, adaptable, and comfortable design and feeling of having headset disappears when engaged in actions.
- INTUITIVE CONTROL
Touch is very important since it brings the magic of hand presence to life in VR.
- RANSCENDENT SOUND
Rift‘s integrated 360° spatial audio takes the immersive power of VR to new depth
Recognition of Achievements: Oculus Rift + Touch Virtual Reality System
- Core 77 Award in the category Consumer Products
- IGN Award – Best Prototype
- Reddot Award for the Product Design
Acknowledgments by Business Partners
“AMAZING 9/10 — the Touch controllers are the best VR controllers available” – IGN
“Now that Oculus Touch is here, it‘s gonna be hard to go back to anything else.” – Wired
“Rift represents the cutting edge of VR.” – UploadVR
Recommended PC Specs
- Graphics Card – NVIDIA GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon RX 480 or greater;
- Alternative Graphics Card – NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD Radeon R9 290 or greater;
- CPU – Intel i5-4590 / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greater;
- Memory – 8GB+ RAM;
- Video Output – Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output;
- USB Ports – 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port;
- OS – Windows 7 SP1 64 bit or newer
Customers’ review summary –Oculus Rift + Touch Virtual Reality System
In summary, it is 4.4 out of 5.0 and 71% of customers have given the highest evaluation 5.0.
Those who have given positive feedback, are mentioning:
- Excellent price for the given category of VR devices;
- Tracking is wonderful with 2 sensors and flawless with 3;
- Touch is the most ergonomic and intuitive controller system;
- Oculus store has tons of great games and experiences available, and more coming out every week.
- Oculus Games (Robo Recall, Mages Tale etc.) really show the potential of the technology.
- Comfortable for long games and amazing software support
Critical comments are related to:
- The length of the cords coming from the headset;
- The quality of the foam around the headset;
- The heat produced by the headset during longer play sessions;
- Necessity to increase the resolution of the screen (next generation devices);
- For those who wear glasses, hard to fit the frames – isn’t a lot of space for them.
Many reviewers post the following advice:
- To check the PC requirements for the device and
- Do some initial training to install VR correctly from the first attempt.
Use of Oculus Rift in Education
In Ireland, 20 schools participated in VR project. The Oculus Rift + Touch Virtual Reality System was used as a VR platform. Based on the feedback, it was challenging but successful project.
Learning in VR environment has important advantages:
1. VR platforms and game-based experience increases students’ engagement and motivation and inspire creative learning;
2. Education and training which is not possible in REALITY is possible in VIRTUAL REALITY;
3. Collaboration tools in VR classrooms support social integration of learners;
5. Learning is achieved “by doing “ in real-life scenarios supported by VR platforms.